Critical Research Updates in the Cytoskeleton Field
WAVE-Deficient Autoimmune Disorders, Wandering Monopolar Spindles, and a Guide to Selecting Cellular Actin Probes
Journal Club Picks
- Five patients with immunodeficiency harbor mutations in the WAVE regulatory complex.
Cook et al. | Lenardo Lab | Science
- Dilution of the cell cycle inhibitor Rb in growing cells triggers cell division to maintain cell size.
Zatulovskiy et al. | Skotheim Lab | Science
- Curved protofilaments at growing microtubule ends could explain kinetochore coupling.
Gudimchuk | McIntosh Lab | Nature Communications
- Microtubules help coordinate cytokinetic furrow formation in fission yeast.
Dundon and Pollard | Pollard Lab | Molecular Biology of the Cell
- Wandering monopolar spindles in flattened cells reveal spindle positioning mechanisms.
Dimitracopoulos et al. | Baum Lab | Current Biology
- XMAP215 and γ-tubulin have distinct modes of promoting microtubule nucleation.
King et al. | Davis Lab | Molecular Biology of the Cell
- A pliable tethering domain confers functional diversity to the microtubule motor KIF14.
Zhernov et al. | Lansky Lab | Current Biology
Structural Insights into Actin Filament Recognition by Commonly Used Cellular Actin Markers
Kumari et al. | The EMBO Journal
High resolution structures of commonly utilized actin markers – Read
Disease Mutations in Striated Muscle Myosins
Parker and Peckham | Biophysical Reviews
Mutations in various myosin isoforms and their disease-causing effects – Read
The Tubulin Code in Microtubule Dynamics and Information Encoding
Roll-Mecak | Developmental Cell
Tubulin diversity and the mechanistic underpinnings of the tubulin code – Read
Our opinions are our own and do not represent the views or endorsement of the authors cited.
Reagent Scholarship Award
Every year we give scholarship to students based on their accomplishments. Apply here.