Expert Protocols, Microtubule Branching, and the Actin Interactome
Cytoskeleton Dynamics: Methods and Protocols
Helder Maiato (Ed.)
This Methods in Molecular Biology series outlines a range of experimental approaches for studying actin and microtubule dynamics, and is sure to be an invaluable resource to new and seasoned researchers alike. View the Table of Contents.
- reconstitution of dynamic systems
- studying protein-protein interactions
- fluorescence and structural microscopy
Journal Club Picks
- Selective destabilization of dynamic microtubules limits synaptic bouton growth.
Coombes et al. | Wildonger and Gardner Labs | Current Biology
- Disruption of the kinesin KIF3B causes schizophrenia‐like phenotypes in mice.
Alsabban et al. | Hirokawa Lab | EMBO Journal
- Kinesin motors diffusing within a 2D supported lipid bilayar accumulate on microtubules.
Jiang et al. | Hancock Lab | Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
- A minimal reconstitution system yields mechanical insights into microtubule branching.
Alfaro-Aco et al. | Petry Lab | eLife – Find us in the methods section!
- Full-length Ska and Ndc80 complex together in the absence of microtubules and tension.
Huis In ‘t Veld et al. | Musacchio and Dogterom Labs | eLife
- Profiling actin binding proteins in interphase vs. mitosis reveals key players in cell rounding.
Serres et al. | Roux and Paluch Labs | Developmental Cell
- Actin protrusions maintain cell–cell adhesions in confluent epithelial sheets.
Li et al. | Brieher Lab | Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
- Formin-mediated actin polymerization is regulated by the acetylation of key lysine residues.
Mu et al. | Higgs Lab | Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
- Epithelial cells transition from short/squat to tall/skinny by modulating their actin network.
Wang and Brieher | Brieher Lab | Journal of Cell Biology
Our opinions are our own and do not represent the views or endorsement of the authors cited.