We are seeking forward-thinking, innovative individuals to design self-assembling structures using 3D printing and related technologies. Experience with CAD/CAM design software and Additive Manufacturing is desired. Below are the details of the part-time position.
● Hours may vary, but the expectation is that the Employee will be available for at least 8 hours per week. There is some flexibility depending on the schedule of the Employee and needs of the project.
● Position is part-time and paid.
● Employment will provide exposure to a biotech startup environment, industry R&D and commercialization, and STEM education.
● Employee would be working directly with the company founders on various aspects of an NSF SBIR-funded project.
● Design, build and evaluate 3D structures
● Learn, collaborate, and share results in a team environment
● Efficiently operate 3D printers
● Print 3D models
● Build DIY 3D printers
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
● Proficient in Fusion 360 and Adobe CS
● Experience with building and maintaining 3D printers
● Have an affinity with 3D designs.
● Knowledge of CAD/CAM software applications and/or Additive Manufacturing industry experience.
● Experience in operating 3D printers and scanners a plus.
● Skills in repairing mechanical devices is a plus.
● Experience with and general knowledge of electrical and mechanical equipment
● Proficient use of measurement tools such as calipers and micrometer
● Curiosity and intellectual flexibility
● Team-oriented attitude and strong ability to collaborate with others
● Degree (or currently pursuing) in a relevant engineering program or technical field or a high school diploma with 1- 2 years experience in manufacturing, engineering, design, art, or similar fields
Position Status: Paid, part-time
Apply by sending resume and cover letter to [email protected] or submitting the documents below.